[78-L] Two singers who cause me pain

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Apr 6 17:52:52 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Humbert" <patrick_humbert at hotmail.com>
To: <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Two singers who cause me pain

> Irving Kaufman does the out-of-date r-r-r-r-r-olling of his r-r-r-r-rs  on
> many recordings too !
>
> Patrick   Humbert

But not to the extent that we hear from Gunsky...and Kaufman had a good
voice,  which Gunsky did not.

Speaking of "R" rollers,  does anyone know anything about the guy who did
the Harmony vocal version in 1929 of You Were Meant For Me b/w Broadway
Melody,  accomp. by Sam Lanin?  On the label he is Jack Hart.  He rolls the
r's a little bit but is o/w OK,  and the band is just great,  esp. on the
first side...one of my favorite records of that era.

I don't recall seeing the name of Jack Hart anywhere else...anybody have
additional info?

Taylor B