[78-L] BLUE STAR

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 6 04:10:10 PDT 2009

I have in front of me the Top Ten Chart of popular singles for Jan. 19, 1963 for the Phillipines.  The interesting thing is that the Number One hit is BLUE STAR by Freddy Martin.
It's the Freddy Martin we all know because I found that song on one of his CD's, and even heard a sound clip.
Just curious as to whether this was a new record or something dredged up from the vaults.  Does anyone know of a discography that might show the recording date?  Or failing that, when Freddy Martin's Orchestra finally stopped recording?
Even though this is from 1963, since we are talking about the Phillipines, it is still possible that it is not off topic for 78L.  The label listed is Kapp.
RayK