[78-L] Reser question

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Sun Apr 5 09:40:30 PDT 2009

I have a copy of Domino 4315, one side of which is "Honey" (mx 8668-1) by THE ROUNDERS.  Vocalist as listed on label is Rodman Lewis.  The Abrams list has this mx listed in three places:
(1) Under Banner where it is shown as by Campus Boys on BA 6347A & DO 4315.  There, it is shown with vocal by SL, which I would assume is Scrappy Lambert.  (2) Under Broadway where it is listed as by Midnight Ramblers on BD1271+ with vocal by RL.  (3) Under Challenge where it is listed as by University Boys (Rounders HR) on CHG935 CQ7340 with vocal by L. Holton.

The recording, no doubt, is by a Harry Reser group.  What is the correct identity of the vocalist.  And, on the Abrams list, does the + sign after the BD number have any significance?

Art