[78-L] Who was the first . . .

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sat Apr 4 19:44:57 PDT 2009

I too met Spiegel on a couple of occasions.  The last time I saw him, at the
Great Connecticut Jazz Festival was about 6-8 months before he died (I
think). I asked him to autograph my copy of "That Red Head Gal" by the
Collegians on Victor, his first recording.  He was surprised by that and
reminisced a bit about recording in front of the  horn.

Ron L