[78-L] (no subject)

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 4 08:12:31 PDT 2009

Bud Black wrote:
> I would assume the "old standards" during the acoustic record era would have
> been found on piano rolls and sheet music.

Yes indeed. A big market in those days, little abated until perhaps the
late 30's.
Sheet music is fun parallel to records. I have found some that I use as
companions to my favorites.

For instance, Lou Breese's theme song, "Breezin along with the breese"
was a popular song done by others before he came along.

The Capitolians did a song on the MGM Revues called "Road To Mandalay".
I now have the sheet music. Rudyard Kipling wrote the words.

I think that many conductors/performers endorsed songs done in sheet
music without having ever actually performed them. It was another source
of income.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.