[78-L] WIERD jam session...?!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Mar 29 19:08:51 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>
> Isnt that called a truss?   Seriously though, bassoonists also use a
> belt or strap that is attached to the instrument and the other end is
> sat on to provide some leverage to push against when playing the
> cumbersome instrument.

A couple of decades ago (give or take) I was, as usual, the harmonicist
and vocalist in a set played at the "Sunday Jam" at Grossman'
Tavernette in Toronto,Ont'o., Canada! The musical "line-up" was
myself on harmonica & vocal...a flautist, a bassoonist and a country
"fiddler!" All I needed was a tubaist(?!) or wotever the h*ll tuba
players call theyselfs...?!

...stevenc