[78-L] Mitch Miller Horrifies

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sun Mar 29 09:28:52 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Steven C. Barr wrote:
>
>> The (late) sixties were a very odd time! This was the same
>> period when reviewers of "classic" recordings suddenly
>> started issuing reviews of "rock" recordings like "Sgt.
>> Pepper's...!!"
>>
>> I might also note an LP album I THINK I still own...
>> enti-tittled "The Norman Luboff Choir Sings the Blues"...?!
>>
>> Are there any REALLY unusual 101 Strings issues?!
>>
>> ...stevenc
>>

> There are two 101 Strings Blues albums, believe it or don't. One of them even
> has two tracks that came out on 78 (oh, come on, what's he been smoking?).
>
> dl

*******

"101 Strings - rhe Soul of Blues"
Alshire S-5048 (cover) Alshire ST-5048 (record label)
101-ST-5048 [-A & -B}(runouts)

Mfg. by Budget Sound, Burbank, CA
"The World's First Stereo Scored Orchestra"
recorded under direction of  D. L. Miller

A side:
Birth Of The Blues (DeSilva - Brown - Henderson)
St. Louis Blues (Handy)
Mood Indigo (Ellington - Mills - Bigard)
Slow, And With Soul (Lowden)

B side:
Goodbye (Jenkins)
Symphony For Blues (Kuhn)
Definitely Blue (Kuhn)
Blues Pizzicato (Provenzano)
The "In" Crowd (Page)

And there were 51 other 101 Strings albums on the same label!
Need all the names? Hmm?
Play it?? Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Mal