[78-L] Alec Wilder was Mitch Miller (no he wasn't, I checked)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 29 09:42:18 PDT 2009

Riverside? Hmm..wonder if it was taken from Standard Transcriptions (there were
2 or 3) or if it's another incarnation of the set issued on Vox 78s and a
ten-inch Mercury LP? What titles are on the Riverside disc?

1951 is a bit early for an EP. Columbia would cheerfully have avoided 45s
altogether but eventually had no choice, but I wonder if the Conversation Piece
suite was originally 2 singles or one side of an LP? Or if the material didn't
appear until 1952?

dl