[78-L] 78-L Mitch Miller

burlinson burlinson at orange.fr
Sun Mar 29 08:00:36 PDT 2009

"Horn Belt Boogie" was one of the four pieces written by Alec Wilder for an
EP
"Conversation Piece for Horns and Harpsichord" (Columbia B-1674) by Mitch
Miller;
the others were "Serenade For Horns"; "Singing Horns"; "Horns O' Plenty".
They were
recorded in New York on August 13th 1951 by:
Stan Freeman, harpsichord; Jimmy Buffington, John Barrows, Ray Alonge and
Gunther Schuller
french horns......maybe a way of relaxing after suffering through a Guy
Mitchell session???

Nigel Burlinson.