[78-L] stinkers was Re: Mitch Miller Horrifies

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 28 23:13:03 PDT 2009

William A. Brent wrote:
> At 01:35 AM 3/29/2009, you wrote:
>> too. And Sinatra made some stinkers before Mitch was at Columbia..check out
>> "The Dum Dot Song".
>

> and after - Mrs. Robonson, Downtown, You are the Sunshine of my Life

And "There's a Flaw in my Flue" (at least that one was done as a gag, only
issued years later on CD). And "That's Life". and "Strangers in the Night"
which could have been a good record if someone had said "Frankie, you totally
missed that key change, it sounds like a tape stretch, let's do it over".

> and where does "old man river" fit in the Miller timeline?

Well before it..he was singing it at the Hollywood Bowl as well, and in a white
suit in "Till The Clouds Roll By". No Mitch anywhere on the premises.