[78-L] Copyright - EU extension

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Mar 28 17:43:16 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Bunting" <alanbuntinguk at yahoo.com>
> Well, it seems that some of our politicians have seen sense and halted the
> record industry's campaign to extend European copyright to the same
> ridiculous lengths as in America.
>
> http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3ie96e4a3e8c042db2656e93200128bb91
>
> However, I'm sure this is only a temporary respite as, despite all their
> flawed arguments, they will never hive up.

I am waiting to see what happens up here in Canada! The previous revision,
which
died with the goverment then in power, did NOT lengthen the period (much to
my
surprise...!)...but I am expecting "son of revision" to show up if/whenever
government can come to power with a longer "life expectancy" than our
recently
previous attempts thereat...?!

This could be dangerous, as almost ALL of the Canadian Record Industry is
"branch plants" of US "Major Labels"...and they probably want the same
"faux-eternal" copyrights that Mr. Bono granted them in their Homeland...?!
I hope I don't have representatives of the "Schallplattenindustriepolizei"
showing up at my door to confiscate all my 55,000 78's (If all else fails
I shall simply tell them,"Okeh...YOU GUYS have to carry the
sumbitches...!!").\

And if the record-industry folkses HIVE up...are they workers, or drones?!
:-)

...stevenc