[78-L] Pairing artists for greater sales

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 26 20:09:40 PDT 2009

Artists still referred to the label as "Victor". Dinah Shore does so on an
early 50s broadcast. Pre-1946 Victor catalog numbers remained the same when
they were re-pressed as RCA Victor.

And who the hell cares anyway? By now we've established that the Victor label
was as prolific as most others (except Decca which carried on the pairing
tradition Jack Kapp brought over from Brunswick) in combining artists, no?

dl