[78-L] Pairing artists for greater sales

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Mar 26 17:22:12 PDT 2009

 From RAY KILCOYNE

David Weiner wrote:
> Eleanor Powell & Tommy Dorsey
> Dinah Shore & Freddie Martin
> Dinah Shore & Dick Todd
> Paul Robeson & Paul Whiteman
> Eddie Duchin & Harold Arlen
>
> And another from RCA:
> Eddie Cantor, Lisa Kirk & Sammy Kaye
>
> Dave W.
 But ALL of the ones you cite are RCA Victor except the one that I had
previously mentioned, Paul Robeson & Paul Whiteman.  He wants citations
of PRE-RCA pairings on Victor, and I had cited the occasional star
parings of performers not ordinarily encountered together, such as
Caruso & Mischa Elman, Alma Gluck & Efram Zimbalist (actually Mr. &
Mrs.), and Billy Murray & Jean Goldkette Orch., along with the
aforementioned Robeson and Whiteman.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com