[78-L] Odeon acoustic beauty

Bob Rice bobrice at snet.net
Wed Mar 25 21:28:45 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <Dnjchi at aol.com>
To: <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Odeon acoustic beauty

> In a message dated 3/25/2009 6:49:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> dlennick at sympatico.ca writes:
>
> Dnjchi at aol.com wrote:
>> The Lindstrohm acoustic masters released  by OKeh in America in the
> mid-'20s
>> were outstanding in sound  quality.  This past weekend I picked up a 12"
> Odeon
>> (red  lable) 3037 of Marek Weber and his Orch doing "Dreaming"/"Souvenir
>
>> Marie".  Absolutely lovely!  Clean grooves, almost  electrical in  sound.
> Does
>> anyone know the recording date(s) for  this record?
>> One side ("Dreaming") is by Archibald Joyce, a British  composer.  Does
>> anyone know of other Joyce compositions on  78s?  Or CDs, for that
>> matter?
> I love
>> his  music.

    Me too! Marek Weber does a great repatoire of 20-30's danz(dance)Music.
A facinating viriety of OOmpa to Waltz stuff, and considering the backround
,of Germany's decent into hell, the Hitler Years, Music to build V-2's and
Jet planes,U-boats, and early attempts at nuclear weapons,by. Guyz on here
guided me to a CD of Marek Weber's stuff, He MUST have done more than on the
German CD? It would be interesting to see an English translation of the
songs. Radio Dismuke plays alot of his stuff, too.I, too, have some of his
stuff on 78's

    Seeya

     Bob.