[78-L] Another recommendation for early musical collectors

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 05:54:06 PDT 2009

Last year there was a 2 hour DVD called Hollywood Singing And Dancing which I recommended.

Now the folks behind that - American Musical Treasures - part of Passport video - have expanded it and put out 5 2 hour videos by decade. I watched the 1030s one and - while not perfect - it's worth getting or renting.

It's really something you should see. They cover most of the major studios. The clips are not restored ones.

There is a section on Cantor with brief interviews with EC Fan club prez and Brian Gari's sister.

Jolson gets short -shift with only mention of Hallelujah I'm a bum and comments (brieft) from Jolson Fan Club prez.

Recent interviews with Gloria Stuart, Mickey Rooney, Kitty Carlisle and Janis Paige are here too.

The copyright date is 2007 but I don't think it ever aired on tv.

http://tinyurl.com/csphkg

Steve