[78-L] Sail On

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Mar 23 18:47:16 PDT 2009

Dnjchi at aol.com wrote:
> Can someone tell me when this was recorded by the Billy Sunday choir?   It
> sounds almost too goo to be acoustic.
> Don Chichester

1916.  There is a picture of the recording session in the centerfold of
one of the monthly Victor supplements showing the acoustical recorder
and the several thousand singers.  Play the record at 72 or 73 RPM, I
think the pitch of the cheer at the end of the sides is too highly
pitched.  This recording proves that the claims of the miracle of The
Associated Glee Clubs of America recordings could only have been made
electrically.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com