[78-L] OT- Warner Bros releases150 old films on DVD-R

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 10:34:10 PDT 2009

There are actually 7 musicals in the first batch of releases (it's better to click "By Format"
--"Warner Archive" on the main page; the genre and decade pages are often incomplete
or incorrect!) They are:

Cain and Mabel (1936, WB)
Ice Follies of 1939 (1939, MGM) Joan Crawford skates!
Painting the Clouds With Sunshine (1951, WB)
The Beggar's Opera (1953, British Lion/WB)
So this is Love (1953, WB)
Three Sailors and a Girl (1953, WB)
Interrupted Melody (1955, MGM)

Speaking of "Ice Follies", Joan Crawford made a Victor disc (26205) in 1939 with
one song from this picture, "It's All So New to Me". Having heard her rendition, I'm
not sure whether it would be greater insult if Victor released or rejected it. She
actually did a better job on "Got a Feeling for You" a decade earlier (on film, not
a commercial disc).

These are DVD-R, and will be mailed only to U.S. addresses. More details will
follow a chat tonight on the Home Theater Forum.

-Harold