[78-L] Value of 78's

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 21 14:02:43 PDT 2009

My collection is a bit odd -- stuff of genres. Some of it is common,
some maybe not so. The value -- who knows .. more 25 cent records
than $25 ones I suppose. But they are of great value to me as they
enable me to hear voices of long ago. Years ago I bought a box (about
250 for $15) of what one might consider to be junk records. And
perhaps they are. But I can't destroy any of them just because one or
two might be something that no one collects or wants.

So when someone asks me if a Glenn Miller, Bing Crosby or Spike Jones
78 is worth something because its old, I merely ask them to think of
the memories of listening to it when it was new .. and the value of that.

For -- I wasn't around when most of of my 78 were new .. but still,
that little by say, the Glahe Musette Orchestra, really is pleasant
to my ear, and allows me to close my eyes and take me mind back,
imagining that I was there.

Tony