[78-L] constant velocity records, was Value of 78's

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 11:21:25 PDT 2009

   ... are we aware of one of the very rare records Gennett 6089 (Vicksburg Blowers, reissued on Herwin LP 109, Joe Bussard let the Herwin record label use his disc for the LP reissue, I of course, never seen this 78), it plays progressively faster on the last minute or so of the record, is this similar to the concept you are talking about (though it sounds like an error in the machinery on that record, both sides)? Too bad it is not corrected, it is a reasonable performance (though not as good as the King Brady's Clarinet Band on Black Patti of similar heritage)