[78-L] Peggy Lee.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 21 09:09:05 PDT 2009

Hi!

I have no 'idea' what 'song stylist' means.

In my book, Peggy Lee was a great Jazz singer who could also, almost
alone among popular singers, take any song in any style and, while
remaining true to its original genre, somehow make it a Peggy Lee
song. Thus, for instance, she was just about the ONLY American singer
who could sing Bossa Nova properly!

If that's a song stylist, so be it! ;-)

Bing Crosby was another great JAZZ singer (unlike, say, Frank
Sinatra, who wasn't) who could also sing other styles of popular song.

Nelson Eddy was a fine, classically trained baritone who learned to
sing certain types of popular music.

Earl.