[78-L] HIGH recommendation - the new Pre-Code Hollywood DVD set from Universal

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 21 06:31:15 PDT 2009

I got my advance set this week - not released until next month but already got through 2 of the 6 films and it is great! These are Paramounts but now owned by Universal. Murder at the Vanities was first I watched. Great Jack Oakie and Kitty Carlilie and LOTS of music numbers - music almost all through the film. The costomes on the "most beautiful girls in the world" are VERY skimpy and lots of suggestive dialogue. And don't for get the production number tribute to Marijuana.!

Oh yeah, Ellingtomn and his band are there too!

Just finished Torch Singer with Claudette Colbert. Another winner. Nice restoration too. Set comes with a reprint of the Production Code!

Put in your Netflix queue now or pre-order. (Warners Forbidden Hollywood" comes out next week as well but no musicals.

Steve Ramm