[78-L] Flimsy little things ^

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Mar 19 00:25:57 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Anybody ever manage to break a DVD-R? I just had one snap while removing it
> from the case. Are they thinner than commercial DVDs? This was a Sony.
>
> And it was the second disc of the Calvin & The Colonel set, dammit.
>
> dl
> _____
I'm not sure if DVD-Rs are thinner than commercial DVDs, but all DVDs
are easier to break than a CD because DVDs are made of two very thin
layers glued together, while CDs are one solid piece.  Sometimes the
spacers on spindles are one of those layers, and if you have one of
these you will see how thin and crispy they are.  I have seen DVDs start
to separate.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com