[78-L] R. I. P. Citizen Kafka 1947-2009

Doug Pomeroy pomeroyaudio at att.net
Wed Mar 18 13:14:37 PDT 2009

It must have been about eight years ago that he had a big sale
at the warehouse where he had stored his records and books and
tons of other stuff.  You had to pick out the 78s you wanted, and
take them to him, at which point he would tell you which ones he
was willing to sell!  There were thousands, and I don't know how
many he sold.  The idea was to get everything out of the warehouse
because the rent was going up, IIRC.  I tried to help him find a cheaper
storage facility.  I don't know what happened to all his stuff.  He was
fighting some strange illness even then.

A great guy with a great sense of humor.

Doug Pomeroy
POMEROY AUDIO
Audio Restoration & Mastering Services
pomeroyaudio at att.net

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
---Albert Einstein

Message: 2