[78-L] Electric Edison Diamond Discs

Jon Noring jon at noring.name
Tue Mar 17 09:11:35 PDT 2009

I just noticed some messages on the thread about electrically-recorded
Diamond Discs.

This may have already been mentioned in a prior message, but which DD
sides are electrically recorded?

I vaguely recall from my active collecting days that for the 50000
series the start of electrical recording is around 52500, but I may be
off on that. Has anyone put together an exact listing of electric DD?

Also, were these electric DD's all dubs, or actually mastered direct
from the microphone(s)?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

(p.s., is there also a listing of the lateral Edisons -- which I
assume were all electrically recorded? Again, were any of these dubs
from some other master, or directly mastered electrically?)