[78-L] [ARSCLIST] Catalogs, booklets, ephemera etc. wasEverest Records catalog circa 1960

D P Ingram darren at ingram.fi
Tue Mar 17 08:39:49 PDT 2009

On 17 mar 2009, at 17.00, Thomas Stern wrote:
>  It is a very frequent and disheartening occurrence that the
> booklets which
> accompanied 78rpm albums
> (sometimes LPs) are missing from copies available from dealers and
> online
> sources.  These booklets are frequently very rich sources of
> information,
> and have their intrinsic interest.

I have many bankers' boxes of what appears to be this type of
information which originally came, so I am told (well the originals,
these are copies) from the BBC Grams Library. So far they are sitting
in storage with lots of catalogues and rather too many pallets of
disks awaiting processing.  Eventually elements will appear on
musiclibrary.fi (site not operational yet) but dependent on the
material it might be copyrighted and thus not "give out"able even if
the information can be summarised IYSWIM.  I've not got that far down
that particular turnpike to check on the legals. I just remember
seeing the boxes.

And.. should anyone know how to break a 15 year old plus CD database
copy protection (the original appl doesn't even work on my OS
emulator) that could yield more information. But that I suspect might
break rules on copy circumvention so best that I don't go down that
path. DRM strikes again :(

Darren

>  Catalogs from specialized record companies are also of great interest
> (Classical, Folk, Jazz, Documentary, Spoken word, etc.).
>  Is there any person or organizations with a website where these
> could be
> made available permanently?
>  Whenever possible, I have provided scans of this type of material.
> I hope
> others
> in this community are willing to do the same.  This could be a
> resource of
> immense importance to scholars and collectors.
>  Would be a great service if LoC, Smithsonian, or University would
> commit
> to this.
>  Comments / Suggestions ?????
> Best wishes, Thomas.

¦ D P Ingram ¦ Ab Ingram Oy ¦
¦ darren at ingram.fi ¦  www.ingram.fi ¦
¦
¦ +358 6 781 0275 (FIN) ¦ +46 8 5511 4995 (SWE) ¦ +44 203 014 3839
(UK) ¦
¦ extn 8001
¦