[78-L] Darwin was wrong

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Mon Mar 16 19:38:11 PDT 2009

> From the sophisticated lyrics of Ira Gershwin, Cole Porter, and
> Lorenz Hart, we have "progressed" to the point where, today, the
> hottest song on the charts is actually called - and I kid you not -
> "My Life Would Suck Without You" by American Idol queen Kelly Clarkson.
>
>Cary (feeling more and more like an old fogie) Ginell

Keep your chin up. If we lived through disco we can live through this.

Other low points in lyricism:

Abracadabra by Steve Miller ("Abra, abracadabra, I wanna reach out
and grab ya.")

Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus

I Am, I Said by Neil Diamond ("I am," I said, To no one there, And no
one heard at all, Not even the chair.)

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/