[78-L] Margaret Whiting

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 15 14:15:22 PDT 2009

From: "Taylor Bowie"

I was very lucky to hear her live around 1985...no, not with the Four Girls
Four thing but here in Seattle at a small club,  just Maggie and her
pianist.  JEEZ was she great...one of the best music evenings of my life.
She did her hits,  also a lot of her Dad's tunes including the best Breezin'
Along With The Breeze ever...and came back for an encore with "I'll Remember
April" which she just NAILED and that is a hard song to sing and also one of
my faves.

Boy, you are lucky.  1985 was 40 years into her career and she could still
sing.  I heard her live on the radio many times but never in person.  I even
love her Jimmy Wakely duets.  Their SILVER BELLS is still my favorite
version of that much recorded song, and it's never played anymore.  She was
one of the great harmony singers.  Too bad they didn't try teaming her with
others, and I don't count Bob Hope and Johnny Mercer.
RayK