[78-L] Capitol 182

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 15 03:59:48 PDT 2009

I can't find exactly who played on the MOONLIGHT IN VERMONT Capitol single, but here are some of the musicians that were in Billy Butterfield's band between 1944-1947, Archie Johnson, Earl Pearson, Micky Crane, Pat O'Connor, Will Bradley, Chris Griffin, Cutty Cutsyhall, Eddie Miller, Johnny Guarnieri, Hank D'Amico, Bill Stegmyer, Cliff Wiley.
RayK

>...is the superb record of Billy Butterfield with  Margaret Whiting doing
"Moonlight in Vermont."   This has been one of my most favorite records
since I was a little kid.

Can one of you informed persons give me the recording date and any details
of sidemen?  It must have been recorded in LA in 1943,  and obviously
Butterfield is on trumpet.  I also know that it's Johnny Guarnari doing the
beautiful piano work.

Thanks for any more info!

Taylor B