[78-L] Belting an Edison Phonograph

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 14 22:35:39 PDT 2009

Listmembers,

Some while back I installed a 2/4 minute converter on my Edison Standard
Phonograph.  The good news, after several hours of trying without an
instruction manual, I got the converter installed.  The bad news, I broke
the belt on the phonograph.

I've gotten replacement materials from two well-known vendors, and tried to
cut and splice new belts myself, but the phono wows like crazy.  Previously,
this machine ran rock solid.

I'm convinced I'm not doing something right, or this "splice and glue"
method is for the birds!  Any and all hints are welcome!  Please reply off
list is this is too OT.

Many thanks,
Sammy Jones