[78-L] Jewel Gold Note Series (1940s label) question.

David Lennick dplennick at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 19:34:15 PDT 2009

Shirley you jest..Capitol used Radio Recorders thousands of times, in addition to Recordings, Inc. (Decca's studios). A note in Jack Mirtle's Billy May discography lists a Smiley Burnette session in in May 1949 as the last one officially notated on the AFM sheets as held at Radio Recorders. Capitol then opened their own studios at 5515 Melrose, very close to Recordinds Inc.

dl