[78-L] copyright

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Mar 10 15:53:11 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>
> Jack Palmer wrote:
>> I'm sorry Kristjan but you are not selling me.  I still prefer to buy my
>> music in a store.  I guess I'm still a Luddite.
> But you have to have a store!!!!!!  Rolling Stone (in the article I just
> mentioned in my previous posting) cites that 2,680 shops have closed
> since 2005!  I have no stores with CDs except Wal-Mart for 60 miles.
> Ironically, I drove that 60 miles today to get my pacemaker checked, and
> spent a few hours in Joseph-Beth Books which has survived both BestBuy
> and Barnes & Noble, and still has some ASV Living Era CDs in stock that
> I needed.  I bought 8 of 'em, but I didn't see anyone else buying any
> CDs or DVDs for the hour I spent in the department.  There are still a
> few more that I need that are still available on the internet.  So
> beyond having to have a store, that store has to have stock of what you
> want.  Prefer to buy music in a store all you want, but unless you are
> LUCKY you will not find what you want anywhere near as easily as you
> will on the internet.  I'm not talking about downloading, I'm talking
> about buying a physical CD.

I buy most of my CD's at Dollarama stores...it's a Canadian, possibly
Ontarian.chain of $1 stores which seems to stock a lot of "remaindered"
discs for a buck apiece...I've found a LOT of reissue discs...especially
"Hindsight!"

Trouble is, to have CD's of music I REALLY like,I will have to get
an old "record player" with the 78 speed...the ceramic cartridges
output "line level" (1 volt +/-) signals, so I can feed the cartridge
output into any "Line In" jack...!

...stevenc