[78-L] Oldest record store

soundthink at aol.com soundthink at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 12:14:10 PDT 2009

Corner of Scott and Page in the Haight/Ashbury district. The place has long since been picked over, but you can occasionally find some items of quality (musical, rather than monetary). It's a place where if you have a personal favorite artist who isn't "collectible," it might turn up.

Hope you don't have a dust allergy or claustrophobia. Good eyesight helps too. The light ain't the greatest inside. When you go in, just stand in the entryway and take in the entire atmosphere. It's a time machine. When you're done, go home and wash the atmosphere out of your clothes.

Cary Ginell