[78-L] Jimmy Boyd Obit

soundthink at aol.com soundthink at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 06:48:17 PDT 2009

Very strange. I was just reading about Boyd in Hecky Krasnow's daughter's book about his years as the head of Columbia's kiddie record division. She had a crush on him and said that he was forced to wear his little cowboy outfit to school every day to remind people of who he was. The most incredible story in the book is about George Kleinsinger's walk-up New York apartment (the elevator rarely worked) which resembled a jungle, complete with tropical plants, snakes, birds, and native insects.

Cary Ginell