[78-L] more exciting Grey Gull ads

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Sat Mar 7 21:00:06 PST 2009

At 10:53 PM 3/7/2009, you wrote:
>Good find.  Were the ads illustrated or just copy?  Button Buster wasn't
>a song, it was a laughing record.

The ads had mainly copy, and lots of it.  At the top, there was the
name of the company (Grey Gull) in a stylized font, and the usual
picture of a record with the price (55 cents) in the middle.  No
picture of a gull or anything. Sorry I mis-spoke about Button
Buster-- I sort of recalled there was a laughing song  (alas, it was
a coon song) as well as a laughing record, and I got 'em confused.