[78-L] Bolshevik b/w Fire

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Mar 7 15:15:39 PST 2009

Hi Randy,

Just checked my run of 6JJ and I seem to have all the Brunswicks listed in
Rust with the exception of Bolshevik b/w Fire...and I note that Rust lists
the record but without a catalog number.  Was it in fact actually issued on
Brunswick or just on Vocalion as the Hayseeds?

Brunswick seemed to go out of their way to issue multiple takes of some
records...as I recall I have three very different takes of the Ben Bernie of
You Brought a New Kind of Love,  and three or maybe four takes of the Reser
"Clevelanders" of Take In The Sun,  Hang Out the Moon.   The later is
especially interesting as the solos and even the ensemble sounds very
different on each version...loose and pretty jazzy.

Taylor B