[78-L] Need a needle, thanks

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Fri Mar 6 20:13:35 PST 2009

Mike, thank you for the help. I   have ordered  a  cartridge from Needle
Daddy.  My cartridge is missing, so I  can't be sure  the picture is
correct, but the  site  says it  does, indeed, fit  model SG-650. Price
good too,  less than $14.00 with shipping.  I had  searched Needle Daddy on
E-Bay before  making the request  to the 78 list, but did not see  the  site
you referred.  Thanks again, I'm  always  amazed, but  never surprised to
get accurate and  expert help from the  members of the 78 list.  I don't
contribute often, but read every posting and FWIW, I love most of the  puns,
off-topic meanderings and those which irritate me just go into the trash bin
along with my reduced  opinion of those who get worked up over nothing
really important.
Jim Whipkey

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 23
> Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:14:10 -0500
> From: Michael Biel <mbiel at mbiel.com>
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Need a  needle!
> > Jim Whipkey wrote:
> > I need some help from this well-informed list re:  finding a  stylus for
> > phonograph.  I  got excited last night  while attending an estate
auction
> > and  purchased a Panasonic am/fm phonograph which plays 4 speeds,
16-33-45
> > and 78.  It's model SG-650, made by Matsushita Elec. Industraial Co LTD
in
> > Japan.   The  radio  works fine, but  the  needle cartridge is  missing.
> >

> Is it just the needle that is missing or is the entire cartridge that is
> missing?
> > Search on E-Bay  failed to turn  up exact match, although there are a
lot of
> > needles and stylus' available. Does anyone  know where I might locate a
> > stylus for this  machine?
>

> Check this out.  Is this what the cartridge looks like.  If so, you
> could buy this cartridge and use the needle, or use the picture to find
> the needle in other listings.  It is an L-shaped flipover needle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARTRIDGE-P-27,-PANASONIC-EPC-35,SEARS,-J.C.-PENNEY-_W0Q
QitemZ350171173097QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090226?IMSfp=TL090226111002r31627