[78-L] Harry Reser on Apollo

Andrea Walsh petquality1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 08:17:54 PST 2009

Hiya everyone-

I am puzzled.  I have here a purple Apollo number 1085 of "Harry Reser's
Jumping Jacks" (no "Six' in sight, funny enough) doing "Banjo Boogie" on one
side and "Jazz Legato"/"Jazz Pizzicato" on the other.  When is this from?
When was it recorded and/or issued?  It's not in the settleback discography,
my go-to page when my Rust books fail me..  Apollo is a 40's & 50's label,
right?  What's Reser doing on there, was he trying to stage a comeback or
did he record throughout the 30's, 40's and 50's and I had no idea?

Clueless as usual---

Thanks in advance for any input-

Andrea