[78-L] Capital Series

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 3 15:15:08 PST 2009

Is there any available research on variations of the Capital label?
Not so much label style, but series, like Columbia Masterworks.

I know that there was a Capital Criterion series as well as the
Capital Americana series -- with a red label in the 40000 number
range. I also have a red label in that number series that doesn't say
Americana -- 40114: Deck of Cards/ Rounded Up in Glory by Tex Ritter,
but I assume that Capital kept the numbering a label colour and
de-emphasised the series.

So, what was the purpose of this series and the Criterion series.
What others were there in the 78 rpm era

Tony