[78-L] Tokyo records

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Tue Mar 3 08:24:21 PST 2009

I've been looking for info on the Tokyo label for years, unsuccessfully.
I know about as much about it as you do. They were indeed pressed for
the post-war Japanese communities on the West Coast. I have been in
touch with a number of the Japanese Community Associations in Los
Angeles and they know less than we do. But... there have to be business
and tax info somewhere in the Los Angeles government files, and possibly
even incorporation ppers (although I wouldn't count on it!). It requires
going there and digging.
Angel (not Angle) was a different label, of which I know next to
nothing, as well.
I'm interested in Tokyo because there are sometimes steel guitar solos
in the music. I'd love to know who played on them.
But as long as digging is being dug, then I'd go after 1920s
Sunset/Hollywood label business  info, too.
Mal

*******