[78-L] My first MAPL side on a 78 rpm?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 2 19:29:21 PST 2009

We could use the song title and a more precise number..too many digits in
58-01000. Carter's earliest recordings were made in Montreal in 1933 for
Bluebird, and the Canadian series on that label were B-49xx followed by B-46xx
and B-47xx. B-11xx was a French Canadian series..probably many other numbers,
since the Quebec market was much more active than the rest of the Canadian
market for many years. Recordings by "La Bolduc" on the Starr label (15xxx
series) sold in the thousands beginning in 1926.

dl