[78-L] I might as well ask...

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 12:29:29 PST 2009

I conjunction with my Lost Recordings post, I might as well ask if anybody has turned up anything of interest.  This was institution was known as Freed-Hardeman College during most of those days (1919-1991).   The oldest thing we know of are some dictating machine green
discs made by one the speech classes in 1951.  They have held an annual lectureship since 1937, and no recordings exist prior to 1965.  One of the founders was a
well-known speaker of his day, was on Nashville's
WSM and Memphis'
WHBQ and many other stations numerous times from the 1920s onward.  There are no
known recordings of him at all.  Check your old lacquers for the names NB
Hardeman and/or Freed-Hardeman College.  I'm sure some must exist somewhere.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.