[78-L] Victor Borge on 78

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 20:46:08 PST 2009

--- On Sun, 3/1/09, David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Comedy in Music, by the way, was also issued
> (simultaneously with CL 554?) as two ten-inchers:
> CL 6292/3. I think the only other example I've seen of
> Columbia doing that (Capitol did it all the time with
> classical works that took one 12-inch side
> or two tens) was Liberace's Chopin album.

Columbia released a few other twelve-inch LPs as two ten-inchers: "Jazz Goes to College," by the Dave Brubeck Quartet (CL 6321/2), "The Music of Jelly Roll Morton," by Turk Murphy and Wally Rose (CL 6323/4), "A Buck Clayton Jam Session" (CL 6325/6), "Dave Brubeck at Storyville" (CL 6330/1), and "Louis Armstrong Plays W. C. Handy" (CL 6335/6).

Capitol divided a few twelve-inch pop albums into a pair of ten-inchers, too. A Les Paul and Mary Ford album and Sinatra's "In the Wee Small Hours" for certain. A couple of the Gleason albums, too, I think.

Randy