[78-L] Vocalist query on Ben Selvin 'My mom', Columbia 2628-D.

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Mar 1 15:01:08 PST 2009

Thought I'd recalled that it was Al Shayne who did some solo vocals around
this time on Columbia and Crown,  but I just played it and as Royal states
it's a real "Jolie" sort of a style.  So I dunno and hope one or more of you
do know and will tell us.

I'd also opine that My Mom might be the worst song ever written by
Donaldson.

The other side is Dubin & Warren's Too Many Tears,  with a fine vocal by
Paul Small...not always one of my faves but he does stellar work here.   The
song has one of the saddest minor melodies in any pop tune.

Taylor B