[78-L] help req on a few 78s (prieces or monetary value)

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Feb 28 18:12:24 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> kunst at email.unc.edu wrote:
>> The best way too keep up with current prices to spend time watching the
>> on-line market, especially poring over finished auctions. Popsike is
>> one service to offer this, although it doesn't really cover 78s too
>> often. Dealers will often post their results as well. Take a look here
>> for instance: http://grrecords.com/GRR308HIGHBIDS.PDF
> =============
> Charlie Parker Savoys at 36 bucks a-piece!

The problem is that on-line auctions often attrect buyers who, for
their own reasons WANT...indeed,HAVE TO HAVE...one
particular 78rpm phonorecord...!

In fact, I did this once in a mail auction! The disc offered was
"Oriole 100"which I needed for discographic reasons...so I
bid around $7, well over what it was worth...!!

Basically.a good guess for a price on a NON-restpectable 78
is around a buck, give or take...much less in quantity.

...stevenc