[78-L] Jazz Record Collectors' Bash

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Fri Feb 27 18:37:42 PST 2009

I've been a bit too busy of late to go through the 78-L digests during the past couple months, so there's a lot of catching up for me to do.  I don't know if there's previously been a posting, but the 2009 Jazz Record Collectors' Bash is schedule for June 19th & 20th, same location as last year - Hilton Woodbridge in Iselin, New Jersey.  We're in the process of setting up a Web site, but details can now be found at www.jazzbash.net.

Incidentally, the bash is the 35th annual.  I know that last year's advertisements mentioned 37th annual.  Ken Crawford started the bashes in 1975 and the numbering remained correct through 1996, the last of the two years that Rod Baum hosted it.  When Russ Shor / VJM took over in 1997, it seems they skipped three numbers.  I only discovered that error a couple weeks ago

Also, I wonder if any 78-L'ers can assist me.  One of the bash attendees last year was a Steve D'Amore from the Philadelphia area.  He provided only a telephone number, no postal or email address.  when I called the phone number, I received a recorded message indicating the the party is not receiving calls at this time.  Does anyone know Mr. D'Amore or have contact information for him?

Art