[78-L] Victor Master question

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 11:18:25 PST 2009

No, the recordings are from 1932, in the 72000 matrix series.

Dave

Subject: Re: [78-L] Victor Master question

Are the records in question compiled from 1928 recordings or releases?
 Sometimes the label data printing plates for older records were still
used for records many years after the original release.

I'm thinking too of a circa 1947 copy I have of 20191 which has the
catalogue number in the same position as it was on a 1926 original
issue, and also, I have a couple of Red Seals from the same era--late
1940s pressings--of 1928 recordings, and they still have the matrix
number in parentheses, italicised, the same as on the 1928 original
pressings.

I once had a Red Seal set from circa 1938 that had matrix numbers on
the labels too, though....and none were reissues of older items.