[78-L] Pennsylvania 6-5000

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 27 09:49:52 PST 2009

-------Original Message-------

From: David Lennick
Date: 2/27/2009 11:17:24 AM
To: 78-L Mail List
Subject: Re: [78-L] Pennsylvania 6-5000

Sounds like my first stay at the Taft in 1968!

Dl

"But nobody laughed when we played the Taft!"

Bud

soundthink at aol.com wrote:
> While checking out prices on hotel rooms in New York, I came across this
listing for the still active Hotel Pennsulvania. It still has the same
phone number that Glenn Miller's Orchestra trumpeted all over the airwaves
more than 60 years ago, but the hotel has fallen on hard times. Here's one
recent review from an unsatisfied customer.

> Hotel Review
>
> So Disgusting – TravelerQual – Posted Aug 25, 08
>
> Horrible
>
> 1 reviews  with a budget, traveling for business
>
> Please stay away from this disgusting hotel. Door Knobs falling off, dust
on the night stands, some type of bug crawling around, the water pressure
was excessive, the bathroom smelled, the closets had stains everywhere and
the AC did not work properly. The hall is dark and smells and you feel
unsafe at night when drunk guests come home and try breaking into your room
as they get confused. Never again will I stay at that dump.