[78-L] Pennsylvania 6-5000

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 27 08:25:20 PST 2009

Ron L wrote:
> I believe it was slated for demolition, which would have been sad.  However
> there was a change of plans and I think it is now scheduled for renovation.
> Maybe you should also check out the Hotel Edison, named for the Old Man
> himself.

Harry Edison had a hotel named after him?

> If you can tolerate a shared bath

Depends on with whom, no?

> I believe the Larchmont is clean
> and less expensive.  I've not been there myself but have heard that it is
> OK.
>
> Ron L

I can't remember the dump I stayed at the last time I went down there in '94,
but it had an AAA recommendation. Elevators didn't work, lights didn't work,
the room was straight out of Midnight Cowboy. I got the hell out of there
immediately.

dl