[78-L] VERY early Jussi Bjorling?

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 16:39:55 PST 2009

Fellow shellacophiles:

I was going through some re-found discs and discovered a few acoustical Comlubias, all Swedish.  Looking at the one on the top of the pile, I see E4547, a pair of sides from a Swedish children's group.  The names are given as Olle, Jussi and Gosta Bjorling.  Would this be one of the first appearences of operatic tenor Jussi?  Or is ot a twist of coincidence.

Not really a must-have for the operatic crowd (but I bet it would bring a vastly overinflated price on e-poo).....

My curiosity runneth over.  Matrices are 85798 (Sommar Gladje) and 85799 (Barndomshemmet).

If I ever get the audioblogs back in functional order, I may put this in the ever-increasing stack of discs to put tup there.  Mike, can I borrow your bathtub? :)

Brad