[78-L] Fred Waring CDs

Dnjchi at aol.com Dnjchi at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 14:05:38 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/25/2009 3:49:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

From:  "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net>
>> For anyone interested,  I see that the official Fred Waring site is
>> offering some new OTR  CDs, of Waring shows going back to 1933,
> including a 12-CD set that  looks quite nice.
>>  http://www.libraries.psu.edu/waringcollections/songlists.htm#otr2
>>
>>  Dave W.
>>
>> _
You have to go to the home page and thru  the sales page to make any
sense of how to buy these.  Note that the  disc Watch the Fords Go By
includes segments from the Feb 12, 1934 program  where George Gershwin
plays, talks, and participates in a choral parody of  Rhapsody In Blue,
celebrating its 10th anniv that day.  Peter sent me  a cassette a few
years ago, it's good stuff.  World recorded the Ford  programs, so the
sound quality is fantastic -- at least it is on the disc  I have from the
series.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

A visit to the Waring Museum on the campus of State College, PA, is also
worth a trip.  Peter Keifer can probably give a guided tour, with advance
notice.  Breathtaking.

Don Chichester
**************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get Oscars
updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.
(http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards?ncid=emlcntusmovi00000001)